Friday, January 25, 2013

I've been back to the basics this week: hemming dresses and putting a tuck here and there.  When I was going to school dances, the dresses were below the knee, had gathered puffy sleeves and a belt that tied in the back.   I usually had to let out the sleeves to fit my fat little arms.  Today I hemmed a beautiful black sheath dress with sheer bodice for a high schooler, my granddaughter. Above the knee she said...higher...no, little more... I said "why didn't you just buy a shirt, I wouldn't have to hem at all".  When I finished, I encouraged her to not bend over !
 
I am working on a medley of lap quilts and will have pictures next week.  My granddaughter is teaching me how to aim, shoot, retrieve.  I used to do that on the farm hunting rabbits, but she wouldn't believe it.   

1 comment:

  1. I hope we get pictures of the skirt you hemmed as well as the lap quilts.

    ReplyDelete