Thursday, April 4, 2013

Can anyone identify this object. Remember its retreat time , we 7 ladies rent a house and plan to sew for 4 days straight. Ok..ok..i'll tell my story. Being a farm girl from Iowa and a widow, I do everything myself. Why make 3 trips when you can carry it all in one. I had my sewing machine in one hand, a bag with 50 lbs of fabric over my shoulder, and another bag with the Ott lite, iron, table board, and all the cutting and gadgets we need and I am trudging up my basement stairs. I made it to the top stair and stumbled up not down...stood up and oooh my knee hurt. I went a couple of steps and heard something pop...oooh my knee. I hobbled to the garage with all my "stuff", grabbed a bag of food and off I went to "quilt camp". When I arrived, my knee was killing me, but heck my idea was it would be getting better soon. The girls helped me drag in everything and set up; I really couldn't walk, but hey, it's going to get better. Two days in and I could barely drag myself around, so started ice packs on the knee. I didn't think it was swelling..looked ok. Then one of the girls brought out her rice heating pad...Yep. she warmed it for me and it felt so good - about the 3rd time, I said I'll put this in the microwave..I thought she said 4 minutes...Well ladies I apparently also lost my hearing cause she said 2 minutes. I burned the thing real good as you can see. So now they had to smell burning rice. I was a real treat on this retreat. On day 4, I was convinced something was wrong, I hadn't slept, the pain just didn't go away. To shorten this story, went to Doctor on Monday and on Friday had surgery for a torn meniscus.. I am hobbling around again but with a whole different appreciation for drugs and rest. Again I want to thank my retreat friends, I am so blessed for their friendship and tolerance. My whining was not as loud as some snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment