Tuesday, December 11, 2012



Dashing through the dough…It’s Christmas after all.  I love Christmas…all the beautiful decorations and lights.  Although I have spent a fair share of my life collecting all these beautiful babbles, I find that the older I get, the fewer I put out. I do not admit to aging, but getting up and down on the ladder has its limits.
Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Clausssss. . . I stood in line for an hour and half last Saturday with my one and ½ year old grandson to sit on Santa’s lap. I shuffled along, one small shuffle step at a time, waiting for cheery old St.Nick. However my grandson ran, climbed, & played with the other little ones while my 17 year old granddaughter chaperoned these little tykes. Now I’m hurrying them over cause old grandma’s next in line for Santa. . .. You have never seen a child shriek, scramble, and try to make a run for it more than my sweet little grandson. . He wasn’t having any part of Santa.  Have some lovely memorable pictures of him trying to escape his mother’s arms and Santa’s sleigh.

Holiday sewing is memorable.  People you hardly know ask if you can make a quilt for their neighbor by Christmas, a lap quilt would be good they say, but a queen size would be nice for the bed. . .  Let me just put that down on the “not so much” list of to-do’s.  I do love making the stockings and embroidery towels – mostly because it’s achievable before the holiday.

I will share some photos of the cutest little Fairy quilt, designs by Embroidables.  They stitch out perfect every time.  (I don’t always do a sample like my teacher Jane says to do). This cute little toddler quilt in bright colors will surely be a favorite.   Have a great holiday. I’m working hard to finish that neighbors quilt now. Ho Ho Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment